Sunday 1 June 2008

Careful

It appears one of my favourite bloggers, An A&E (ER to those of you in the colonies) nurse here in the UK, has been outed. She has been writing about one or two subjects that are grey areas in nursing. Our professional bodies clearly think so. She has been threatened with being sacked or struck off the professional register.

Those of you out there who blog about your professions that dont have a professional governing body are lucky. Professional ethics should apply 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Drunk or Sober. Despite the day, week or month you've had. Our professions can kick the crap out of our spirit but we still have to present our every outward expression with a mind to how our actions may be interpreted by a politically minded group designated to judge us.

Ok rant over. I would now ask you ladies and gents a favour. I know I rant, I have a hard time controlling myself. However if any of you deem my words on here inappropriate in regards to my profession I would appreciate you warning me.

No comments: